Why drive when in most cases you can roam around Chester County for as little as a dollar a ride with Rover Community Transportation.
Rover isn’t just for trips to the doctor or to the grocery store. Rover provides transportation to any destination within beautiful Chester County: church, the mall, club meetings, the train station or to visit a friend. For medical we also provide hassle-free travel to Philadelphia and neighboring counties. Everyone – all ages, ambulatory or in need of an accessible vehicle – is welcome to ride Rover.
So get off the porch and make life easier on yourself… ride Rover!
Days and Hours of Operation
With the exception of major holidays, Rover Community Transportation operates Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with limited hours restricted to specialized services on Saturday and Sunday.
Reservations for travel within Chester County must be phoned in before 1 p.m. on the business day prior to the requested trip. Online reservations must be scheduled by 1 p.m. 2 business days prior to the requested trip. We will accept reservations up to 30 days in advance. Please call our Rover office at 484-696-3854 or toll free 877-873-8415 to schedule your ride or click here to begin the process.
Rover covers the entire area of Chester County, PA.
Our out-of-County Service Area
We will take you as far as 15 miles outside of Chester County for medical trips only. All trips will be for appointments no earlier than 10 a.m. For return pick-ups you must be ready to leave no later than 2 p.m.
- Philadelphia / Philadelphia County: Monday / Wednesday
- Montgomery County: Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday
- Delaware County: Monday / Wednesday
- Wilmington / State of Delaware: Tuesday / Thursday
- Lancaster County: Tuesday
- Berks County: Tuesday / Friday
All out-of-county rides must be scheduled by 1 p.m. at least 5 business days prior to the appointment date. It will be necessary for you to schedule your appointments within the above time frames, otherwise Rover will not be able to transport you.
Inclement Weather Advisory
In the event of inclement weather or any emergency which may affect our normal service, check our Facebook page or call 484-696-3854 or toll-free 877-873-8415.
- Please respect our 15-minute operation window and your fellow “team members” by being ready for your ride 15 minutes before your scheduled pick up time. We are not late until 15 minutes after your scheduled time.
- Remember this is a shared ride system; you will not always have a direct ride.
- At your doctor’s office, tell the staff when your Rover return ride is scheduled and that you need to be ready by that time.
- Please don’t leave your designated pick up point; we cannot search for you.
- Be considerate and call in advance to cancel a ride that you no longer need.
- Seniors should allow drivers to assist them on and off the vehicle and from door to door and should report the ones who do not.
- We cannot take you to or pick you up from any place other than what was scheduled and appears on your driver’s manifest.
- Passengers must have exact fare at time of boarding. Drivers do not make change and no refunds are given.
- Smoking, eating and drinking are prohibited on the vehicles.
- Seatbelts must be worn by passengers at all times.
- Guide/service animals are the only animals permitted on Rover vehicles.
- Pennsylvania “Law of Love” governing child restraint systems is strictly adhered to on our vehicles. For more information click on www.pakidstravelsafe.org
Title VI – Civil Rights
If you need to file a Complaint or want to Compliment one of our employees for the service you have received, please click here to email us or call us at 484-696-3854 or 877-873-8415.
Rover Senior Registration
Schedule a Ride
If you are currently registered with Rover and wish to schedule a ride for travel within Chester County for 2 or more business days from today (weekends/holidays excluded), but no more than 30 days in advance, complete all of the information below and click submit. Emails must be received by 1 p.m. 2 business days prior to the date of the ride.
You will receive confirmation of your ride(s) via email within 1 to 3 business days. If you are not registered with Rover or are not sure of your status, please call 484-696-3854 or toll free 877-873-8415.
Please contact Rover Customer Service at 484-696-3854 or click here to schedule a ride.
Cancel a Ride
If you currently have a scheduled ride with Rover and wish to cancel part or all of it, please fill out ALL the information below. Any cancelations entered within two (2) hours of your scheduled ride time(s) will be considered a no show. If you have any questions or concerns please call 484-696-3854.
Please contact Rover Customer Service at 484-696-3854 or click here to cancel a ride.
Additional Transportation Services
Medical Assistance Card Holders
For details about the State’s Medical Assistance Transportation Program, we ask that you contact Rover directly by calling 484-696-3854 or toll free 877-873-8415.
Persons with Disabilities
If you are between the ages of 18 and 64, live in Chester County, are disabled according to the American’s with Disabilities Act and need transportation, you may qualify for the Persons with Disabilities Program (PwD). The cost is $4.25 one way for the first ten (10) miles and 15 percent of the full fare after ten (10) miles.
SEPTA / TMACC ADA Complementary Service
Another service that Rover offers is ADA Complementary Paratransit Service. This service is available to individuals who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act and who cannot make use of regular public transportation services. It is offered in the SEPTA service area of Chester County, which is primarily east of Route 100 and in the TMACC service area which is along Route 1 in Southern Chester County and near Business Route 30 in Coatesville. For additional information and to see if you qualify, please call SEPTA directly at 215-580-7145 or TMACC at 610-993-0911 or click here for additional information.
Anyone who lives in Chester County can ride Rover for any trip purpose to anywhere in the Rover service area during our normal hours of operation. If you are not covered by any other funding source, you are considered a public or “private pay” passenger. Fares are determined by distance based on the pickup and destination locations and can be obtained by contacting our office during business hours. Prior to calling, please be sure to have the exact address of your pick up and destination locations.
Rent a Rover
Rent a Rover vehicle with our friendly dog logo for a special occasion.
- Wedding/Event Shuttle
- Ladies Night Out
- Pub Crawls
- Sporting Events
- Bar and Bat Mitzvah Transportation
- Dinner Groups
- Brewery Tour Shuttles
- Special Outings
You can’t beat our prices!
Let Rover solve your transportation and/or parking problems. You can rent our vehicle and a professional driver for up to six hours. Consideration will be given for additional hours over six at a per hour rate. Times are calculated from the time the vehicle leaves our facility until it returns to our facility. Trip may be subject to fuel surcharge, depending on distance traveled. Rates do not include gratuities.
Let us be your designated driver! Call 484-696-3854, ext. 2357, for details or book online.